Quick Bit

United States
UNC Alum, Ex-O Lineman with a different look on the state of College Football Follow me on Twitter @FootbawFrat for my sporadic thoughts throughout the day

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Purple House Weight Loss: Round Two

Because a friend popped a button off his short the other day, my college roommates and I have decided to embark on the great weight loss crusade.Yours truly could afford to get back to game shape, so i decided I'll be documenting my lift sessions to make me sound like the next Tony Horton.

Because I had too many cobwebs Monday morning thanks to the super bowl, I combo'd my Monday and Wednesday lift sessions. Monday is typically my power day and Wednesday is Speed/Balance Day while Friday I typically emphasivefor the glamour muscles (Arms, Core, Legs). All three workout days are always full body. I'm leaning towards getting two a days 4 days a week back in the equation with a hard swim sesh. That won't likely start until next week. I'm hoping to get my yoga going again once or twice a week and I usual hit cardio on Tuesday and Thursday most weeks. I'm also big on supersets and intervals.

What I hammed up from 615-735 this morning:

Warm Up
8 minutes row machine
Ballistic Stretch

Today's Main Lifts
- Bench 3 x 10
- Bench Burnouts 2 sets 8 dumbbell flys + 5 reps bench (these suck)
- Parallel Squat 10-10-8-8-8
- Hang Cleans 3 x 6

Supersets
1st - 3 sets - Cable Flys (8 reps)- Cable Push Pull (10 reps/arm)- AbX machine 25 reps - 1 min rest
2nd - 2 sets - Straight leg deadlift (10 reps) - Woodchipper (8 reps/side) - Curl+shoulder press (10 reps) - 1 min rest
3rd - 2 sets - Front Squat (8 reps) - Barbell Toe Raises (20 reps) -  rope tri extension (10 reps) - 1 min rest

Arms
circuit - 4 sets - preacher curl (12) - super skaters (15/leg) - curl +shoulder press (10 reps)

Stretch

It's embarrassing what lift now compared to my football days. guess i have that mountain to climb once again.

WFP



No comments:

Post a Comment